Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year for Halloween, Braxton decided to be a cop and Lilly wanted to be a fairy.  Well, to be fair.  She wanted to be a fairy, Tinkerbell, Strawberry Shortcake, a Butterfly, and then a fairy!  I got creative and made both kids costumes!  Woo hoo for me!  I am not a sewer so everything was done with glue!  Thank you Hobby Lobby!

For Lilly's fairy skirt, I made the whole thing out of green and purple tulle.  If I were to do it again, I wouldn't have made it quite so long and probably not as puffy.  She had problems stepping on it!  The top was just a black leotard with jewels glued on and then she had butterfly wings.  She was a beautiful fairy, although she kept telling people she was Tinkerbell.

Braxton decided he wanted to be a cop, but I didn't like any of the store cop costumes.  They were all so plasticy.  I ran to walmart and bought a pair of navy blue dress pants.  At Hobby Lobby I had found 1/2" yellow ribbon so I glued yellow ribbon down the side of each leg.  I had also bought a light blue dress shirt.  I ironed on an American Flag patch and added his badge.  We found him a hat at one of the halloween stores and he was set.  He added most of the accessories himself!

They had a great time trick-or-treating.  We went around for about an hour or so, but it was chilly!  Towards the end, Lilly sat down in someone's grass and declared she was done and wanted to go home, so we did!


Braxton also enjoys handing out candy, so he did that the rest of the night.

No comments: