Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hawaii 2010 Day 8 ~ North Shore, Surfing, and a Change of Plans

Friday morning was our last day in Hawaii.  We were ready to get home, but yet still sad to leave.  Before we left we had promised the kids that we would wave to them from the Duke Statue down from our hotel.  So even though it was raining, we headed over to the statue and called the kids.  They could see us waving and some lovely stranger offered to take our picture!  After we checked out of the hotel, we headed to Gwen's house.  The plan was for the boys to go surfing at White Plains and Gwen and I to head to North Shore to visit the Chocolate Gecko, then head to White Plains and catch up with the guys.  Plans changed a little bit and after getting some yummy chocolate, Gwen and I headed to Pizza Bob's for lunch.  It was tasty!  I think the guys headed to the mall and had lunch there.  On our way up, I wanted to go by Waimea to take pictures.  This beach is known for its waves and surf contests.  Today, it was absolutely still.  Almost like glass.  It was beautiful!
A church in Waimea.
While we were touring North Shore, Chad was learning how to surf.  He now understands why they call them "rash guards" and he had the rash to prove it!  From what I hear, he was able to make it as far up as his knees!
After a while we made it back to Gwen's and I went to check in for our flight home.  That is where the fun began.  I found out our flight was delayed causing all sorts of problems for our connecting flights. 
While we were trying to figure out flights, Gwen and I headed out to get some dinner.  Nothing too exciting since Chad and I were getting ready to fly!

Waimea
Stay tuned for the unbelievable trip home!

No comments: